The Community and Economic Development Association (CEDA) is open and taking LIHEAP applications.
Customers can apply here.
If customers are having difficulty paying their bill, we will work with them to arrange a payment plan.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides financial assistance to help customers on limited incomes pay their energy bills.
For eligible households, there are two different ways to receive assistance under LIHEAP:
- Direct vendor payment - a once-a-year grant for customers who currently have service;
- Reconnection assistance - a once-a-year grant that helps disconnected customers reestablish service.
Eligibility and the amount of grants depend on household size and the last 30 days of gross household income prior to filing an application.
The State of Illinois has created a new website to allow residents to pre-apply.
Customers can fill out information on the website and it will be forwarded to the appropriate agency.
To Apply For LIHEAP
Customers should go to the Community and Economic Development Association (CEDA) website or call 800-571-2332.
Applicants are required to submit:
- Proof of household income or any financial assistance for the past 30 days for all members of the household over age 18;
- Your current residential heating bill;
- Proof of social security numbers for all household members;
- A medical eligibility card for any member of your household receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); and
- Your rental agreement, in cases where utilities are included in the rent.