Super Savers is a FREE energy-efficiency education program. It teaches students ways to save energy and water. Students and their families learn how to save by installing energy-saving products. The products can help lower utility bills. The curriculum supports Illinois Learning Standards.
The program is designed for 5th-graders. It comes with teacher education materials, lesson plans and activities designed for inside and outside the classroom. Each student receives a Student Guide, Workbook and Super Savers Kit.
The Super Savers Kit includes:
- A high-efficiency showerhead.
- Two LED light bulbs.
- One compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL).
- A kitchen faucet aerator.
- A digital thermometer.
- A shower timer.
- Tips on how to conserve energy and water.
Sign your class up for the Super Savers Program today.
"I liked the fact that my students received a kit for them to use. This will help them become responsible consumers."
– Virginia Garcia-Flores, teacher at Corkery Elementary School