It seems like Chicago is always under construction, whether a street simply is getting repaved or a utility like Peoples Gas is making large-scale improvements to its infrastructure.
Teach your kids to stay safe by playing far away from construction areas. Make sure they remember to:
- Be seen! Cross the street only at intersections and make eye contact with drivers of cars and construction equipment.
- Keep off streets! Stay on the sidewalk and stay off sidewalks that have been closed.
- Obey signs posted in construction areas.
- Don't cross into construction areas marked off by orange safety cones or fences.
- Tell an adult if you see other kids playing unsafely.
- Construction safety poster