We value the recognition Peoples Gas receives for the way we serve our customers, run our business and support with the community.
Here's a list of awards we've proudly received.
- Heroes Award from the Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation for our commitment to their mission of helping Latino youth attain a college education.
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Federation of Women Contractors for diligent support and good faith engagement in making Illinois Supplier Diversity Policy for Utilities one of the best in the nation.
- George Javaras Corporate Award from the Chicago Metro History Education Center for our support of the History Fair.
- Industrial Achievement Award from the Illinois Association of Water Pollution Control Operators for our water treatment facility at Manlove Field. The award was given for the outstanding manner in which our waste water, comprised mainly of storm water run-off, is successfully treated before being released into a nearby creek.
- Corporate Citizenship Award from Envision Unlimited for our work at the Envision Mock Center.
Our employees are doing great things in our community. We are proud to congratulate the following employees on their achievements.
- Torrence Hinton, General Manager of Field Operations, was awarded the Chicago Defender's 2014 Men of Excellence Award.
- Juanita Olmos, Corporate Contributions Representative, and Clowana Walker, Transportation Specialist, were honored for their 10 years of service judging the Annual Chicago Public Schools Student Science Fair.
Peoples Gas employees helped transform the Envision Mock Center on Peoples Gas' Commitment to Community Day.
Peoples Gas employees helped clean up the landscape at the Dunning Reed Conservation Area.