Applications for LIHEAP for 2015-2016 will open on the following dates:
- Oct. 1, 2015: Households that include a person age 60 or older or a person with a disability.
- Nov. 1, 2015: Households that have had their natural gas service disconnected and households with children younger than 6.
- Dec. 1, 2015: Regular application period begins for all eligible households.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides financial assistance to help customers on limited incomes pay their energy bills.
For eligible households, there are two types of LIHEAP grants available:
- Direct Vendor Payment - a once-a-year grant for customers who currently have service;
- Reconnection Assistance - a once-a-year grant that helps disconnected customers reestablish service.
Eligibility and the amount of grants depend on household size and the last 30 days of gross household income prior to filing an application.
|Household Size||Maximum 30-Day Income|
To Apply For LIHEAP
Customers should call the Community and Economic Development Association (CEDA) at 800-571-2332 or use the CEDA Energy Service Site Locator.
Applicants are required to submit:
- Proof of household income or any financial assistance for the past 30 days for all members of the household over age 18;
- Your current residential heating bill;
- Proof of Social Security numbers for all household members;
- A Medical Eligibility Card for any member of your household receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); and
- Your rental agreement, in cases where utilities are included in the rent.